Heavy Vehicle Apprentice
Ferndown Commercial Ltd
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles
- Completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaint. conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- Accomplishes maintenance and organisation mission by completing related results as needed
To be a qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communications skills
- Good time keeping
- Ability to listen and carry out instruction
Passion for the industry.
GCSE's grade G/1 or above or equivalent.
PARAGON SKILLS have the energy and experience to give you the edge in starting your career. Our Learning and Development Coaches will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help energise you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to execute tasks to the highest standard.
Paragon will provide the training for this apprenticeship within your company’s site therefore there is no need for you to attend an outside training facility at any time.
On completion of this apprenticeship you will receive:
- Diploma Level 2 and Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Standard
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT Employment (if required)
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.