At Specsavers, we treat people as we would wish to be treated, and as such, you will be supported by well trained and motivated clinical staff, in addition to an expert professional team. Our expectation is that you will share our vision to provide our patients with the very best professional service as well as exceptional customer care on every visit to your store.
- The Apprentice Hearing Aid Dispensers role is designed to meet objectives set by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Specsavers to deliver outstanding patient care, combined with professional dispensing advice and product recommendations that best suit individual customer needs
- During your apprenticeship you will develop a professional skill set, enabling you to provide diagnostic audiology and rehabilitation services, and where appropriate or necessary, to dispense hearing aids to members of the public where a hearing difficulty has been identified
- You will always act in the best interests of the customer, acting with honesty and integrity and promoting best practice
- This will include working to Specsavers values, providing the highest levels of clinical care, service and aftercare to all patients and customers
At the end of your apprenticeship you'll be a qualified Hearing Aid Dispenser with a range of career options ahead of you, including a Hearing Aid Dispenser role in Specsavers and progression to a Hearcare Director.
Before applying please bear in mind the salary.
The role will be based in our stores in Paignton, Torquay, Torquay Willows and Totnes so please check that you are able to travel to all of these locations on a daily basis. Driving is therefore recommended.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship. For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Great listening skills
- Good team working skills
- Enthusiasm to deliver the great customer service our Specsavers visitors love
- Enthusiastic and passionate attitude
- Willingness to learn
Have Level 2 (Grade C/4) English and maths
Level 2 can either be Functional Skills or GCSE’s
Level 2 Functional Skills is the equivalent of a Grade C/4 GCSE
48 UCAS points and evidence of study at Level 3 in any subject (vocational or academic). Alternative relevant educational experience will be considered for mature students – South Devon College requirement
Level 5 Hearing Aid Dispenser apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- HCPC Standards
- BSA recommended procedures
- BSHAA guidelines
- BAA guidelines
- Specsavers Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- Company guidelines
- Specsavers will provide the training