What will the apprentice be doing?
· Complete all academic requirements of the apprenticeship within specified timeframes.
· Apply all relevant Mars safety and environment systems and standards to ensure the safety of people and assets is maintained in all aspects of your work – escalating non-compliance and sharing ‘Best Practice’ where appropriate.
· Apply learned knowledge to support site teams to achieve day to day activities and projects in a safe, compliant, and environmentally friendly manner.
· Ensure any Mars-related performance and development initiatives (e.g., Learning logs, development folders) are completed in a timely manner.
· Review and develop risk assessment, risk controls and emergency procedures.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The sucessful candidate will work towards the completion of Safety, Health & Environmental Technician Apprenticeship, and Functional skills Maths, English and ICT (where applicable)
Location of the apprenticeship is Castle Cary, Somerset and all training will take place onsite at the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
What can you expect from Mars?
Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus
Further training if applicable
Reality CheckPlease consider travel to and from the location and whether this is viable for you before applying.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A-C/ 4-9) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade A-C/ 4-9) Desired