What other career offers you incredible variety, a portable skill with expandable income and a great opportunity to express your creativity?
Hairdressing is an infinitely fulfilling and rewarding career that allows you to connect with people on a very personal level and contribute to their sense of well-being. The potential for progression beyond the salon floor has seen many of our assistants become educators, managers and session stylists back-stage at international fashion shows and photographic shoots.
Headmasters understands that apprentices are the future of our company, we have spent decades investing in delivering the best training structure that will engage and reward you, to progress your hairdressing career further.
We work closely with City and Guilds to provide an approved purpose-built training academy for our apprentices, which are specialised for both NVQ level 2 and 3 learning. By attending our academy, you will gain further training and development on creative cutting, colouring and contemporary barbering, whilst gaining in salon experience.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Learning & experiencing salon structure
- Receiving in salon training
- Assisting stylists on the salon floor
- Carrying out simple hair treatments (shampooing, conditioning, drying & styling hair, and mixing & applying hair colour)
- Ad hoc salon duties
- Providing comfort & friendliness to our clients
- Reception duties
- Ensuring workstations are kept presentable at all times
- Maintaining equipment and stock
Whether it is your Level 2 or 3 NVQ Hairdressing qualifications you are looking to achieve, trust Headmasters to guide your career in the right direction. Don't delay! Apply for this position today! All we ask is that you have the passion and enthusiasm for Hairdressing and the drive and will to succeed.
Headmasters benefits include:
- 35% discount on retail products
- Subsidised travel using Oyster card
- £100 bonus for recommending another apprentice
- Free use of Headmasters photographic studio
- Entry into Industry Awards and photographic competitions
- Corporate discounts (Virgin, Thorpe Park, Taste Card etc)
- Annual awards night in January
- Summer party at Ministry of Sound
***Plus much more***
For more information, please call our recruitment team on 0208 296 6480.
- Salon Educator
- Art Team
- GHD Style Squad
- L'Oreal Colour Expert
- Mens Expert
- Salon Manager
- Franchise Owner
- Talent Squad
- Colour Ambassador
- Able to use own Initiative
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Systematic approach to work
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Clean and Tidy
During your Level 2 Hair Professional Standard you will study the following.
- CHB9 - Advise and consult with clients
- CHB11 - Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- CHB12 - Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- CH1 - Style and finish hair
- CH2 - Set and dress hair
- CH3 - Cut hair using basic techniques
- CH4 - Colour and lighten hair
- CH6 - Plait and twist hair
- CHB13 - Fulfil salon reception duties
You will achieve all of the above with the help of the following:
- Attending our Headmasters Academy one day a week
- Working within one of our salons four days a week to receive on the job training
- Participate in in-salon education sessions
- Completing Functional Skills in maths and English (Level 1)