We would like an enthusiastic and outgoing individual with a genuine passion for hair to complete a level 2 hairdressing standards Apprenticeship. What will you do?
You will provide support to all staff, with all aspects of hairdressing:
- Meet and greet clients
- Prepare clients for salon services
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Completing daily tasks listed
- Work on reception
- Taking payments and making appointments and to attend in house salon training
You will be assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
- To gain a career in hairdressing, to become a fully qualified stylist & progress to hair level 3
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Use initiative
- Communication skills
- Good social skills
- Interest in hair, make up & fashion
- GCSE’s, or equivalent passes are preferred but not essential as Functional Skills in maths and English will be completed
- Good public transport, a car or able to get a lift to work
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
Upon successful completion of this 24 Month Apprenticeship you will have achieved:
- Level 2 Hair Professional Diploma
- Functional skills if needed