As the Apprentice what are you overall responsible for?
- You will provide support to all staff, with all aspects of hairdressing & undertake tasks given with salon apprentice duties
- Meet & greet clients, prepare clients for salon services, shampooing & conditioning
- Keeping the salon clean & tidy, completing daily tasks listed
- To work on reception, attending clients, taking payments & making appointments
- Add to Social Media content & to attend in-house salon training
- Assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
The goal will be for you to stay within the team as a permanent member of staff on successful completion of the apprenticeship, where you will have the opportunity to progress further and develop your skills onto a Level 3 Advanced Hairdressing Apprenticeship, if desired.
- Monthly Product Sales Incentives
- Staff discount on products
- Free hair services for staff
- Regular invites to industry award ceremonies
Due to evening work it is very important to the salon owner that you have a safe way of getting home after work.
- Must have good people & social skills
- Be able use your own initiative
- To be able to talk to clients, & have a good telephone manner
- To be passionate & artistic about Hairdressing & really want to do it with a passion to learn new skills & knowledge
- GCSE's grade 4/c or above or equivalent in English & maths are desired but not essential
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
On completion of this 24-month apprenticeship you will have achieved:
- Hair Professional – Hairdressing Level 2 Standard