Hairdressing Apprentice - Intermediate (Level 2)
Whistles Hair Salon
As an Apprentice you will need to be able to work as part of a team, provide hairdressing services to valued clientele, at the same time as achieving your Apprenticeship, Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals to include Functional Skills if required.
Duties to include:
- Greeting clients on arrival and making them feel welcome
- Keeping a positive salon atmosphere
- Serving refreshments
- Ensuring salon floor is kept clean and tidy
- Helping out at reception
- Shampooing clients
- Assisting stylists with clients
- Learning the craft of hairdressing and client care
- Informing clients of the service being provided
To obtain the Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals and qualify as a hairdresser and build a successful column of clients.
The vacancy is for between 30 and 40 hours per week. We operate a continuous ongoing recruitment process, therefore, interviews and start dates may vary to that advertised. Applications will be assessed and interviewed as soon as they are received, which may result in the vacancy closing before the advertised date, please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Has the ability to learn and the potential to grow
- Respecting all Educators and Assessors and being attentive to task set and education given
- Ability to communicate with all types of clients, listening to their needs and informing the stylists of any relevant information
- Communication and the ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, warm and friendly, hardworking and precise
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to learn new skills
No experience/qualifications necessary.
Apprentices will work towards the Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals. The Diploma consists of 5 mandatory units and 1 optional unit. Whilst achieving the qualification you will learn how to cut, colour, blow dry hair and how to deal with clients.
The Functional Skills that are required is English and maths at Level 1. If these have not been achieved at school then you will be required to complete and online test for maths and English.
The following will also be embedded into the qualification:
- Professionalism and values
- Behaviour and communication
- Safe working practices
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.