Hair Professional Apprenticeship
Indigo Hair Design
BLACKPOOL AND THE FYLDE COLLEGE
This Apprenticeship covers all the basics of Hairdressing.
As a Hairdressing Apprentice you will spend most of your time supporting the qualified stylist in the salon alongside learning the essential techniques such as cutting, colouring and styling.
Duties are likely to include:
- Salon reception duties
- Styling and finishing hair
- Mixing and applying professional hair colours
You will gain knowledge in Hairdressing topics such as hair and skin testing, the effects of chemicals on the hair and skin, the principles of hair colour selection and the principles of hair cutting.
There is also the option to learn about promoting products within the salon environment.
Attendance at college, one day per week for practical/theory sessions.
Possible permanent position on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Once you have submitted your application, you will need to complete college initial assessments and provide a CV before we can progress your application. You will be sent an email requesting this. Please note that Blackpool and The Fylde College offer CV building sessions should you wish to use this facility.
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You will need to be friendly, approachable and hardworking
- Good communication skills
- Organisation and creative skills are essential in this sector; as is good person presentation
- Keen to learn and work within this sector with an interest in current trends
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills, be reliable, punctual, hardworking, creative and a good team worker
- Good personal presentation is a must
No formal qualifications required.
Must attain an Entry 3 on the initial assessment at College.
- Level 2 in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills Level 1 in maths and English
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.