What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Aiding with the smooth day-to-day running of the salon
- Assisting the stylists and the salon managers with their client base
- Meet and greet clients
- Reception duties, including answering the phone and making client appointments
- General housekeeping throughout the day to ensure the salon is welcoming to all clients
- Work hard to get good results and develop good relationships with clients and be aware of changing fashion trends, new looks and popular products
- Practical skills such as shampooing, rinsing off colours, conditioning treatments, blow drying and eventually cutting, and colouring will be incorporated into the training sessions as part of the induction training period, as well as ongoing throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Hair Professional Standard - Hairdressing Route.
The training and qualification all takes place within The Hair Sanctuary premises.
Functional Skills to Level 2 if not already possessing Maths and English A*-C / 9-4 or equivalent.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To become a fully qualified stylist with your own client-base and a view to progress on to higher qualifications for the right candidate. You must show that you have dedication towards learning and the role with
Reality CheckPlease expect to work on Saturdays and occasional late evenings to cope with Customer demand
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Presentation skills, Team working, Creative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired