Main Purpose of Role
- To help maintain a tidy salon, help other team members with clients, learn the basic hairdressing skills in Year 1, grow into a qualified busy stylist in Year 2
An apprentice (or Future Professional as you will be known at the employer) will be encouraged to gain as much hairdressing knowledge as possible within the 2 years studying at Peterborough College. We will assist the future professional with confidence building by showing them the duties which a future professional will need to be competent in before they can move forward towards having their own clients within the salon.
A future professional is a key team member because they are usually the one who keeps the salon flowing by making sure all the brushes are clean, the stylist has foil ready to start their colour service, the client’s consultation form is completed, any skin tests for clients are done and recorded; the floor is swept, the salon is tidy and the products we use are fully stocked ready for the day.
They have a future professional who is about to move up to a graduate stylist position; this key person would be the new future professionals buddy in the salon on a day to day basis.
A qualified hairdresser could grow a client base, have external education with our employers colour company either in the UK or in Italy.
The apprentice would be earning the apprenticeship national minimum wage for the duration of the course or if they turned 19yrs they would be paid the national minimum wage for their age. The apprentice will receive extra commissions for hairdressing & sales that they achieve once they are qualified.
- Comfortable working with and talking to colleagues and customers
- Able to multi task
- Work well in a busy environment
- Positive attitude
- Confident, assertive, chatty, willing to learn
- Level 1 maths and English attainment
- Any previous experience working within a hairdressing salon would be advantageous although not essential
- Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 maths and English Functional Skills (if required)