- Aiding with the smooth day-to-day running of the salon
- Assisting the stylists and the salon managers with their client base
- Meet and greet clients
- Reception duties, including answering the phone and making client appointments
- General housekeeping throughout the day to ensure the salon is welcoming to all clients
- Work hard to get good results and develop good relationships with clients and be aware of changing fashion trends, new looks and popular products
Practical skills such as shampooing, rinsing off colours, conditioning treatments, blow drying and eventually cutting, and colouring will be incorporated into the training sessions as part of the induction training period, as well as ongoing throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
To become a fully qualified stylist with your own client-base and a view to progress on to higher qualifications in order to progress your skills.
You will be expected to work weekends and some late evening shifts in the Hairdressing sector.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly but professional manner
- Job task planning and organising
- Ability to work with others
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Energetic, driven and positive
- Pleasant and friendly personality
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the work-based learning route
- Creative flair with attention to detail
- Punctual and reliable
No qualifications are required but 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent) could be beneficial.
- Hair Professional Standard - Hairdressing Route
- Functional Skills will be delivered if required