At Royal London we want to attract the best talent to help us achieve our vision of becoming the most trusted and recommended financial company in the UK. We are the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK.
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors. To support this, we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements, part-time opportunities and job shares to give you the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
For more than 150 years, people have been at the heart of all that is great about Royal London. We know that this is a difficult and uncertain time for everyone and are doing everything we can to support our customers, our people and candidates.
Maintaining the Spirit of Royal London is of paramount importance to us as we face new and different ways of working. That is why we are embracing technology throughout our recruitment process to support interactions. As you embark on your journey with us we will engage with you via email, telephone and video to ensure we all remain safe. We are committed to wellbeing and at this challenging time, it remains our priority.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Royal London and we are currently looking to recruit 8 Degree Apprentices to join our Group Technology and Change team of specialists across; Application Development, Analysis, Digital Technology, Architecture, Operational Resilience and Change.
To complete their 4-year degree programme, and when successfully graduated join Royal London within the Group Technology and Change.
- Build knowledge of the areas where you will be working within our GTC division during your Apprenticeship
- Play a contributing role within your team(s)
- Be continually supported by your line manager, your mentor and your buddy to help you deliver at your best
- Drive your own development, through formal learning and/or experience
- Have the opportunity to build core skills, such as presenting, influencing, stakeholder engagement and management etc.
- Maintaining a strong peer network with your fellow apprentices
- Have the opportunity to get involved in activities our Social Responsibility Programme
- Benefit from working in a company where we value and embrace the advantage true diversity can bring to a workplace
Prospect of employment within Group Technology and Change in a wide range of roles.
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills - whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Computer literate
- Willingness to learn
- Good communicator
- Problem solver
Preference to have a minimum of 104 points at A2 (Grades BCC) or an equivalent e.g. BTEC DMM.
Requirement of Maths and English Language GCSE grade A*-C.
Apprentices will develop the fundamental skills, knowledge and behaviours for a successful career in IT.
Apprentices will follow one of four specialist pathways:
- IT consultant (business technology) - focusing on business technologies and technology management
- Cyber security analyst - responding to threats by assessing and securing vulnerable systems
- Data analyst - managing and analysing big data and its commercial applications
- Software engineer - including advanced programming, software development and databases
- Software engineer (mainframe) - focusing on the principles of computing that underpin the effective use of mainframe technologies
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Business Systems
- Introduction to Web Development
During year two, apprentices will study two core units and a third unit that relates specifically to their chosen pathway.
- Computing Fundamentals
- Technology Management
- Computer Security Fundamentals (Cyber Security Analyst pathway)
- Statistics and Visualisation (Data Analytics pathway)
- Customer Lifecycle Management (IT Consultant pathway)
- Advanced Programming (Software Engineering pathway)
- Web Design and Development
- Business Intelligence and Strategy
- Business Research Project
- Computer Networks and Operating Systems
- Enterprise Programming
- Development Project
Cyber Security Analyst:
- Computer Networks and Operating Systems
- Security Auditing and Incident Response
- Cyber Security Project
- Advanced Databases
- Data Analytics
- Data Analytics Project
In the fourth year, apprentices will study two core units and one elective unit.
- Synoptic Project
- Portfolio Assessment
Elective units may include:
- Data Engineering
- Mobile App Development
- Advanced Web Development
- Web Content Management Systems
- User Experience Design
- Developing a Digital Business
- Digital and Social Media Marketing Communications Management
- Principles of Business Analytics
- Entrepreneurial Practice