Group IT Technician Apprentice - 18427
EMIS GROUP PLC
Main role and responsibilities:
- Understand, clearly log, diagnose and resolve technical support and service requests from customers ensuring their support demands are met and their experience with Group IT is positive
- Work closely with colleagues across the business to achieve positive outcomes
- Complete standard scheduled / maintenance tasks when required
- Communicate with customers to ensure that objectives are clear and that expectations are set accordingly
- Escalate to Group IT management, major issues, obstacles or delays that may lead to wider problems if not addressed with the appropriate priority
- Install and configure IT equipment and software to our quality standards
- Consider and recommend system changes to improve efficiency, reliability, performance, security and Customer experience
- Maintain accurate and secure administration of IT assets, directories and data
- Manage assigned project tasks to deliver services in accordance with targeted objectives
- Escalate issues to other support members and service providers in a timely manner
- Document, implement and review processes and procedures to support IT services where required
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
In order to be successful in this process, the chosen candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Eagerness to work in a growing, busy support environment with continual opportunities to learn and teach
- An understanding of IT service management disciplines, ideally using the ITIL framework
- A good general level of education
- Knowledge of modern IT systems (mainly Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office products)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- A friendly and professional phone manner
- Confidence in the ability to work to deadlines
- Having a full UK driving licence is highly desirable, but not essential
- This is a truly exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's leading Healthcare and software organisations
- Ability to work flexibly
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Self-motivation to deliver the required results
- If you are highly passionate tech individual looking to start your IT career, please do not hesitate in applying today
In order to be considered for the role, applicants must have 3 GCSE's at grade 7-4/A-C including maths and English.
- Level 3 - Infrastructure technician standard
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.