If you love the outdoors, nature and plants, this is a perfect opportunity for you. Joining CGM Group, you will start your horticultural career as an apprentice, with a range of duties to include:
- Leaf clearing
- Grass and hedge cutting (subject to age)
- Deadheading of flowers
- And other duties as required
Working with teams of experienced and specialist individuals, you will have an opportunity to learn about various aspects of the role of a Horticultural Operative, with a view to further training and development after your apprenticeship.
You are not expected to have any particular horticultural knowledge or experience, but this would be an advantage. You will, however, be expected to demonstrate an interest in and understanding of the nature of the role. You will work at different locations and this could be commercial or domestic premises and your work will be varied. Please note that the work of CGM continues throughout the year and through all weathers. The business operates long hours and involves high levels of physical activity. The rewards are available with CGM for career and professional development into the future, for the right candidate, but you will need to demonstrate commitment, resilience and a very strong work ethic!
Subject to business need and budgets, on successful completion of the apprenticeship, you may be considered for permanent employment or progression.
The work of CGM continues throughout the year and through all weathers. The business operates long hours and involves high levels of physical activity.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Able to work with minimal supervision independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of customer care
- Any gardening, horticultural or grounds maintenance knowledge/experience would be an advantage
- Reliable and punctual – absolutely essential!
- Adaptable and flexible
- Willingness to undertake the full apprenticeship training programme and any other training required to enhance your development
- GCSE (or equivalent) passes in English and maths
- Horticulture or landscape operative Level 2