The Project Manager is also responsible for the project producing a result capable of achieving the benefits defined in the Business Case.
You will work collaboratively with the IT Operations and network teams as well as cross-functional teams to plan develop, implement, maintain, and enforce the comprehensive project management processes associated with all aspects of IT projects. Actively collaborating with the global project management organisation on deployment strategies and ensuring best practices and lessons learned are shared.
The IT Project Manager will work closely with the PMO lead in Europe to ensure all implementations are successful and all aspects of development, testing, training, change management are considered and planned.
Essential duties and responsibilities - include but are not limited to the following:
- Run all assigned projects following the JELD-WEN PMO process, from ideation to close. Delivering on-time, on budget and against the agreed scope
- Serve as the customer liaison ensuring proper communications, coordination of activities, scope management, change control, issues management, risk management, deliverable quality assurance and milestone achievement
- Interact with the management team and user base to ensure proper alignment of business goals with project deployment
- Assist with project reviews or rescue situations by providing recommendation / solutions as part of project audits
- Provide experience and expertise in gathering business requirements and conducting business process analysis and mapping
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Key competencies include:
- Time management
- People management
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Conflict management
Competencies essential for success in the role:
- Organisational, change, risk, financial and project management
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Business process
- Risk management
- Communications and interpersonal
- Ethics & Integrity
- Applicants must have at least a degree or equivalent.
- Confident with Microsoft Office
- Written and Spoken Fluency in English required
Experience & Background:
Different types of projects will require different types of project management skills. To be successful, the Graduate Project Manager must be able to balance the different aspects of the role for a particular project.
- GCSE at Grade C or above; IELTS 6.0 with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent. Functional skills Level 2 in English is accepted as equivalent
- Applicants can sit the QA Higher Education English test, where 60% is required.
- GCSE maths at grade C or above, or equivalent are required for entry. Functional skills Level 2 in maths is accepted as equivalent
- This can be exempted by successfully passing the QAHE maths test (score 8 out of 15).
Standard Entry Requirements
Applicants will usually have obtained: an honours degree (2:2 or above) in an appropriate Computing, Technology or Engineering discipline, or with the appropriate aptitude for a role in technology.
Non-standard entry with work experience
Relevant qualifications and/or work experience will be taken into consideration where the applicant has the judged potential to benefit from the programme. Requests will be considered on an individual basis where appropriate.
Our Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship blends online learning, face-to-face workshops and on-the-job experience to transform your people into highly skilled tech professionals.
The programme has been designed in partnership with the Tech Partnership and the University of Roehampton.
The units in our degree apprenticeship equip your employee with the advanced technical skills they need for their role.
Each unit develops the core set of skills they must be able to do well to be competent in their role. This is mastery.