Your role and duties will be varied to include all aspects of the services we offer.
Undertaking tasks alongside senior surveyors to contribute to the production of clients reports, plans, photo schedules.
Shadowing surveyors on site will accelerate your learning and understanding of surveying practices. You will develop practical skills and techniques alongside support with technical and theoretical knowledge of the industry.
You will have opportunities to develop experience using our residential surveying software, CAD, Protimeter MMS2 moisture measurement meter and the Leica Nova MS60 Multi-station.
Your duties will increase and expand in line with your development and performance.
This is a great opportunity to join an established business with the prospects of a permanent position as a Chartered Building Surveyor.
Here at KSP Chartered Surveyors we aim for all new employees to become part of the KSP family. As a growing business we can provide opportunities for progression. It is our hope that the individual would stay on with KSP long-term, post-qualification.
Your working hours per week are 37.5, however your paid hours per week will be 40 hours to include lunch breaks.
Private health insurance.
As you progress there will be the opportunity for a company car.
- Self-motivated with a real desire to learn and progress within our company
- Organised and flexible in approach to work, displaying the ability to use initiative and to follow instructions
- To be a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with an eye for detail
- Computer literate
- Good sense of humour
- Can-do attitude.
We are looking for an individual who is honest, reliable and diligent. Someone who accepts accountability for their actions, responds to feedback in a positive manner and is confident to ask questions when they need to.
- 112 UCAS Tariff points. This is equivalent to:
- 3 A levels at grade B, B, C
- BTEC National Diploma DMM (1x Distinction and 2x Merits)
- Access to HE Qualification
- All appropriate and equivalent, UK and international, Level 3 (and above) qualifications will be considered
- In addition applicants will need to have 4 GCSEs at grades C / 4 or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
As well as completing the Chartered Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship (Building Surveying) through our training partner ARU (Anglia Ruskin University) the successful candidate will also receive in-house on the job training to develop your practical and technical skills and knowledge to complete tasks.