Within Goldman Sachs Engineering, you’ll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve business problems. As an apprentice at Goldman Sachs, you will:
- Learn from experts and develop your programming skills
- Have an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting business problems
- Work in global teams across multiple divisions and to create end-to-end solutions
- Innovate and incubate new ideas
- Be part of teams responsible for designing, implementing, testing, deploying, and maintaining software systems across the full stack of our products
- Develop your professional skills
Expected Interview/ Assessment Centre Date: March/April 2021
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, all apprentices will be considered for full time graduate positions at Goldman Sachs.
At Goldman Sachs, we want you to be your best – at the firm and in your life outside it. From competitive compensation packages and family support resources to professional development and community outreach, our offerings are designed to support your personal and professional growth.
FITNESS AND RECREATION
State-of-the-art facilities offer our people access to fitness centers and classes, and all are eligible for subsidies and reimbursements for participating in fitness and recreational activities, like our many sports teams and clubs
ONSITE MEDICAL CENTERS
Wellness centers within our own offices provide access to medical professionals who can assess, diagnose and administer care
MEDITATION AND RESILIENCE
Personalized programs, online tools and guided meditations designed to strengthen personal resilience, increase productivity, and enhance overall wellbeing
Our people contribute time, ideas, and expertise to drive tangible progress in local communities – from park restorations to tutoring programs
Forums which offer support, understanding, education and community-building amongst colleagues
GOLDMAN SACHS UNIVERSITY
Ranging from eLearnings on communicating with impact to live speaker series on understanding our business, the firm offers tailored learning to help our people reach their professional goals
TALKS AT GS
Speaker series that invites thought leaders from a broad range of sectors to share their insights and ideas on relevant topics and trends shaping the future
This programme is suited to students with a keen interest in building solutions to complex problems who are looking to complete a degree alongside obtaining practical work experience in software engineering. Candidates do not need to have previous programming/coding experience to apply.
At Goldman Sachs, we think who you are makes you better at what you do. We seek out people with all types of skills, interests and experiences. Here are some of the qualities we look for:
• Communication & Interpersonal Skills
• Strong Sense of Teamwork
• Commitment to Excellence
• Intellectual Curiosity, Passion and Self-Motivation
• Integrity, Ethical Standards and Sound Judgement
See detailed entry requirements here:
BBB including Mathematics or Computer Science.
Excludes General Studies and Critical Thinking.
International Baccalaureate (IB) 3o points overall with 5,5,5 in three Higher Level subjects including either Mathematics or Computer Science
BTEC RQF (2016) DDD in Computing with a B in A Level Mathematics
Access to HE Access to HE in either Computing, Electrical and Electronic Engineering or IT and Product Design with 45 credits at Level 3, of which 30 credits must be at Distinction and 15 credits at Merit or higher
Applications are considered on a case by case basis.
Minimum five GCSE passes including English at grade C or 4 and maths at grade B or 5.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL QUALIFICATIONS ACHIEVED OR PENDING ARE LISTED ON THE APPLICATION FORM WITH EACH QUALIFICATION’S FULL NAME, DATE, GRADE OR PREDICTED GRADE
Given the vocational nature of Degree Apprenticeships consideration will be given to reducing the academic entry requirements should applicants have relevant work experience. Queen Mary and the employer will agree to consider such applications on a case by case basis.
In terms of residency, to be eligible for an Apprenticeship you must:
- Be a citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) (including other countries determined within the EEA or those with bilateral agreements), and have been ordinarily resident in the EEA (including other countries determined within the EEA or those with bilateral agreements), for at least the previous three years on the first day of the apprenticeship OR
- Have the right of abode and the right to work in the UK and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of the apprenticeship OR
- Be a non-EEA citizen with permission from the UK government to live in the UK, (not for educational purposes) and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of the apprenticeship
Queen Mary University of London is one of the world’s leading universities, with first-class academics delivering inspirational teaching informed by their latest research. Queen Mary is one of the 24 leading UK universities represented by the Russell Group, that are committed to maintaining the very best research, an outstanding teaching and learning experience, excellent graduate employability and unrivalled links with business and the public sector.
You will be studying towards a BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions degree over a four year period, combining campus-based and work-based learning. Degree Apprentices study alongside full-time students, and receive some additional support tailored to their specific needs. e.g. employability-linked support to help Degree Apprentices understand the links between their study and employment and implications for their personal and professional development.
For campus-based modules, strategies include lectures, workshops and tutorial sessions, practical and library-based research, presentations and group work. For work-based modules, learning materials comparable to those for the equivalent campus-based module are provided, along with appropriate additional study guidance.