McDonald’s is one of the world’s largest and most recognisable restaurant chains. Their Global Technology Department has two fantastic Technology Apprentice opportunities up for grabs for two great candidates.
What’s on offer? This is a fully funded Technology Apprenticeship which will lead to a BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions within a world class organisation. The successful candidates will be joining a team at the Head Office which is based in Shoreditch, London from January 2021.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to start your career within Technology. You do not need to have any previous experience of working in an office or a Technology role as full training and support will be provided by McDonald’s. However, as this is a Technology Apprenticeship, leading to a degree, you will need to have a keen interest in Technology.
In addition, you should be an enthusiastic and confident communicator as you will be liaising with colleagues based worldwide and dealing with queries that arise on the telephone and by email. You may also have the opportunity to travel abroad if required. You must possess outstanding people skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and different cultures. This role would suit a real “people person” that is flexible, curious & questioning in nature and willing to go the extra mile.
You will gain experience working in teams across various Technology focused departments covering our Global business. You will be expected to positively contribute to the meeting of goals and targets by carrying out activities with some of the below as an example:
- Conducting supplier and market research
- Analyse research to identify areas of improvement
- Give support during projects
- Assist in implementing infrastructure and advising of appropriate hardware and software that might be required
- Research new technology that could improve current infrastructure
- Contribute to the standardisation of infrastructure across European sites
- Gain a thorough understanding of McDonald’s bespoke software to effectively support and advise users
- Carry out training to new users by embracing diverse methodology such as conference, video, face to face, webinar etc
- Management of data and setting up user access with respect to business solution platforms
- Assist in the designing, layout, features, functionality and aesthetics of bespoke software to McDonald’s
- Liaison with stakeholders and partners of McDonald’s with respect to new and existing products
- Creation of promotional videos and static advertisements
- Creation and thereafter the maintenance of documentation associated with user manuals, installation guides etc
- Assist in the writing or updating of point of sale (POS) and back office (BO) software
Possible full-time post upon completing the apprenticeship.
- The demonstration of high motivation and the ability to work effectively and efficiently with both internal and external customers
- A good understanding and effective use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills – you should have the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Ideally, a good understanding of web design and able to implement changes using various applications and language
- The ability to work logically, methodically and systematically
- The ability to work remotely, ie an internet connection, while we are in lockdown
- Willingness to spend sufficient time within a restaurant environment to understand the business ethos and pressures of the work environment
- The ability to use your own initiative and work in a proactive way whether as an individual or team player
- You should be creative and innovative and be able to contribute by further enhancing presentations and promotional materials
A levels (level 3) 112 Ucas points (B,B,C grades ) or Btec level 3 extended diploma in computer science ( D,M,M) or a level 3 apprenticeship in IT related occupation.
Plus GCSE qualifications (Level 2) in English and maths - A*-C or 9-4 or equivalent. Before taking their end-point assessment, all apprentices on apprenticeships at level 3 and above must achieve Level 2 English and maths.
Apprentices with these qualifications may complete them at the university while on the apprenticeship. Applicants with no formal qualifications will also be considered on an individual basis.
BSc (hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Professional - Business Analyst