GB Quality Assurance Ltd is a purpose built metrology lab & repair workshop. Our business focus is to provide a total service for calibration & repair for a wide range of precision measuring equipment. Established in 1977, the business is located in the heart of the Industrial Midlands.
As well as offering calibration in our lab, we can offer on-site calibration for both dimensional & mechanical items. In addition, through our approved subcontractors we can offer electrical & temperature instrumentation. Items requiring collection & delivery are included in our service.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing. The initial training will be broad based and could lead to a first appointment as a calibration Technician.
To Apprentice will be developed to calibrate various items within a UKAS Laboratory environment:
- Parallel Screw Plug / Ring Gauges
- Tapered Screw Plug / Ring Gauges
- Screw Thread Callipers
- Dial Test Indicators Plunger & Lever Types
- Bevel Protractors
- Engineers Squares
- Following your apprenticeship you will become a Metrology Inspector / Fully Trained Calibration technician
- Please note that this is a 3 year metrology apprenticeship with 1 day per week being spent at Make UK
- Attention to detail
- Good time keeping
- Can do attitude
- 3 GCSEs, or equivalent, at grade 4 (C) or above in particular in maths and English language
Metrology Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
This 3 year programme will include:
- Metrology Skills training off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham on either block or day release
- In house training in line with your requirements
- EAL Level 3 Award in Metrology