An exciting opportunity for a Gas Engineering Operative Apprentice awaits a positive and proactive team player to deliver gas and plumbing services to our residents.
Housing Solutions has the perfect opportunity for you to start your career as a Gas Engineering Operative. This role will be a 2-year fixed term contract which includes completing a Level 3 Gas Engineering Operative Apprentice qualification. The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong understanding, or experience of plumbing. As part of this role you will undertake a structured training program of study and on the job training; and completing an assessment through an approved Apprenticeship provider.
- Support the delivery of planned and emergency domestic gas and plumbing repairs and maintenance
- Attend and complete domestic gas safety checks with gas engineer operatives
- Assist our gas installation operatives on delivering on our planned programme of boiler replacements to a consistently high standard and maintaining our excellent customer service.
The company encourage ongoing training and development.
- Ideally a background in plumbing
- Communication skills
Ownership, Innovation, Teamwork and Inclusion are our key values
Ideally a prior qualification in plumbing.
- Level 3 Gas Engineering
- Functional skills if required
Day release to Basingstoke College, workplace training, assessment and reviews