What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be required to complete the relevant qualifications which form part of the Level 3 NVQ, and Gas ACS qualifications including the production of a portfolio of work and undertake additional Health and Safety training as required.
Main duties will include:
· To assist fully trained gas Engineers on day-to-day activities: servicing, repairing and installing gas appliances / heating systems within customers properties.
· Use authorised plant and equipment provided with due care and attention as supervised.
· Accurately complete documentation including legislative documentation accurately and timely in line with policy and procedure.
· Work as part of a team and use materials safely.
· Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers to ensure effectiveness of service.
· Understand and comply with Health and Safety in the workplace following safety policies and procedures, helping to identify and reduce hazards
· To attend in-housing training and college as required including participation in the apprentice review process.
· Comply with Gasway confidentiality and information security policies at all times.
· To act as an ambassador for Gasway at all times.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a Level 3 Gas Engineering Apprenticeship, which involves going to City College Norwich 1 day a week, which work towards your 20% off the job training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Based on successful completion of the apprenticeship, and obtaining a driving licence, you will receive a full time position with Gasway.
Reality CheckDesired Personal Qualities: - Commitment and strong work ethic - Excellent time management skills - Able to use initiative - Takes ownership - Well organised - Flexible and adaptable approach to work - A positive attitude
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Desired