You will be supported by Guinness staff to undertake the role of Garden Services Apprentice. You will also receive dedicated support and teaching from your YMCA Tutor to achieve a Level 2 Horticulture Apprenticeship qualification.
- Provide a high quality grounds and garden service, ensuring compliance with agreed standards, specifications and timescales
- Foster positive working relationships with customers, colleagues and contractors to improve the overall appearance of Guinness estates
- Operate, store and maintain equipment to comply with Guinness Health and Safety procedures including COSHH, PPE and prompt reporting of incidents on site
- Deliver services to standards and specifications, ensuring awareness of the need to deliver a cost effective service to customers
A permanent position may be offered upon successful completion of the apprenticeship. Opportunity to learn and develop within the company.
This is a mobile role and full clean driving licence is essential.
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to carry out physical tasks within Health and Safety guidelines
- Able to work effectively within a team
- Ability to use all equipment safely and effectively
- Able to deliver great customer service
- An excellent communicator with great written and verbal skills
- Interest/experience in horticulture
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Willing to learn
- Confident, professional and trustworthy
- Level 2 in maths and English or the ability to complete these with support by the end of the Apprenticeship
- Full Level 2 Horticulture Apprenticeship qualification
- Functional Skills where requires
- Personal learning and thinking skills