The role of: Gallery and Creative Content assistant offers you a unique insight into the workings of a small independent gallery where as well you working to serve and sell to our customers, you will have the opportunity to work with unique collections learning how to acquire (sourcing & buying), catalogue -through our management systems, display and promote them.
You will also be responsible for creating and developing creative content for the website, promotional materials and ongoing marketing. You will also be shown how to use our online systems and manage our online shop as well as have the opportunity to create props and display while learning how to manage installations, deal with artists’ contracts deliveries and understand the workings of programming, marketing and evaluation of our busy schedule of exhibitions. You will learn about all aspects of the business.
Possible progression to higher qualification or full time employment. Start date ASAP
You will need: Proven written communication skills – GCSE Grade C or above in English, Mathematics and ICT with the ability to write quickly and competently Some experience in Sales and Customer Service. This role will see you supporting all aspects of the business and you will play a vital role in helping us deliver excellent customer service to both our clients and our designers, where this post will offer you the opportunity to develop your own creative style within the business profile. However, as part of a very small team you will be required to carry out tasks as and when required this includes general office and cleaning duties. You will need to be efficient and happy to be accountable for the tasks set, and mindful to use and develop all the training you will be given where there will be many opportunities this role will bring you. We operate in a dynamic working environment and in like to be happy to work round around prior commitments to educational events and training; equally you will need to be as flexible as weekend work may be required during festivals and event times. Ideally you will have some knowledge of the contemporary design arena, where our track record for representing innovative jewellery, products and gifts leads to high sales expectations with service and sales targets and deadlines throughout the year. Overall this is an ideal opportunity for the confident, curious and creative individual who is willing to challenge themselves and learn professional skills in a capsule environment where coming up with new ideas and seeing them through can fast build up a wealth of knowledge and future possibilities.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Computer-literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Some experience with photography
- Some basic understanding of photoshop
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Some knowledge of the contemporary design/craft arena
- Enthusiastic, confident and committed
- Punctual, reliable and accountable for work undertaken as well as own training goals
- Keen to learn and develop skills, and willingness to embrace change
- Proactive and positive with a can-do attitude to support all aspects of the business from working with world renown artists and designers to cleaning and making the tea
- A flexible approach to working hours to include some weekends
- Ability to think independently and work within a team where your contributions will be required to become part of the business profile
- Providing excellent customer service in line with our sales policy
- Helping to promote our designers by learning good standards of presentation and display to represent the artists
- Assisting with the general maintenance and presentation of the online shop and general stock of artists’ work
- Handling monies and keys, stock transactions and transaction devices
- Assisting in social media and online marketing activities
- Creating pictures and developing images for the website
- Photography and editing the assets and uploading
- Maintaining and updating the website.
- Contributing to planning and evaluation, including gathering customer feedback
- Assisting with the development of a creative portfolio of exhibitions with an opportunity to use your own creative influence
- Scheduling and prioritising your own work and ensuring deadlines are met
- Contributing to the Health and Safety of our customers
- Completing the Junior Content Producer apprenticeship.
Cultural Learning and Participation Officer level 3
- Creative Alliance Seminars
- Photography and photo editing
- Company marketing activities and social media
- Videography and video editing