To provide administrative support to the branch, adhering to branch procedures, achieving optimum branch efficiency, ensuring the protection of business assets and reporting any variances to the Branch Manager/Director to instigate corrective action. Working effectively with other branch staff and providing excellent customer service.
Duties will include:
- Dealing with telephone calls both internally and with external customers and suppliers
- Dealing with incoming post and emails
- Order processing
- Ensuring all branch staff adhere to procedures within their individual role
- Look for variances in day end reports
- Petty cash control
- General branch filing
- Resolve supplier queries
- Resolve customer queries
- General administrative support
Responsible for office equipment, IT systems and petty cash in carrying out the routine administrative duties of the branch. The jobholder is responsible for bringing to the attention of the Branch Manager/Director any information which indicates that the assets and procedures within the branch may be at risk.
The jobholder is expected to work within the daily, weekly, monthly and annual routines of the branch following guidelines set by the Branch Manager/Director and will be required to identify and implement process improvements in the course of their work as appropriate.
The successful candidate will study a L2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard. This will be aided by an assessor who will carry out all assessments as work-based learning within the workplace.
The company is undergoing significant growth so progression opportunities include across the growing business as well as progression opportunities onto a higher level qualification.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good level of basic education in maths & English
- Basic knowledge of products sold by the branch
- Able to use basic IT packages and branch IT and administration systems
- Knowledge of office and operational areas health and safety procedures
- Good telephone manner
- Good team member and communicator
- Good time management, planning and organisation skills
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work
- Honest and trustworthy
- Customer focused
- Flexible to undertake other tasks as required
- Open to change
No formal qualifications required.
The successful candidate will study a Level 2 qualification in Customer Service. This will be aided by an Assessor who will carry out all assessments as work based learning, within the workplace.