- An apprentice helps a restaurant supervisor to serve and engage with customers whilst training to be a full-time waiting staff
- They would also oversee food supplies in refrigerators and storerooms, cleaning when necessary
- Preparing the restaurant for service, laying up the tables and cleaning in the restaurant
- During service candidates would greet customers, take orders, relay the orders to the kitchen staff, serving customers and generally looking after their needs to ensure they have an enjoyable meal
- They would liaison with other members of staff when serving and hopefully would build a rapport with our customers, many of whom are regulars
- Understanding the drinks we offer, how the bar works and be able to prepare drinks for customers
- Apprentices would also be taught how to produce bills and take payments
Full time work as a member of waiting staff with the potential to progress to a supervisor position.
- Good communication
- Looking for a confident, reliable and enthusiastic individual with a willingness to learn and able to work both within a team and on their own
None required; however, English and maths will be assessed as part of the interview process.
- Hospitality Team Member Level 2, maths and English Functional Skills Level 1
- Customer rapport/ understanding customers requirements
- Conflict resolvent
- Communications skills developed