Front of House Apprentice
Ring Of Bells Inn
HIT TRAINING LTD
The Ring of Bells Inn, North Bovey, Dartmoor is a popular watering hole for locals and visitors alike, with good West Country real ales, a specially-selected wine list and a menu that prides itself on locally sourced ingredients.
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Front of House Assistant to join the existing team to assist in serving wonderful dishes created and inspired by local and seasonal products.
They are looking for a passionate person to join their friendly team who will also work towards gaining their Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Qualification.
The ideal candidate will work well in a close-knit team and be a proactive individual that is willing to learn and develop their current skills, as well as being dedicated to working in a professional and friendly team.
Duties to include:
- Assist in creating a warm and welcoming environment for our customers
- Ensure that customers are seated and provided with menus promptly
- Ensure that all customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively and an exceptional service is delivered to customers at all times
- Familiarise yourself with the menu and as much information about the food and beverage offering available in order to answer any questions our customers may have
- Take food and beverage orders and ensure that orders are communicated to the kitchen and bar promptly and accurately
- Ensure an efficient and safe delivery of all food and beverage orders in line with customer expectations ensuring an exceptional level of service is maintained at all times
- Set up, clear and promptly service tables after use to ensure that guests can be seated in a timely manner
- Ensure the restaurant areas are clean and well presented at all times and assist with cleaning and housekeeping duties, as required
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times and ensure that any guest complaints and comments are reported to management
- Ensure all cash, charge, float and till procedures are carried out in line with agreed procedures
- Prepare all back of house service points with regard to expected numbers for lunch or dinner requirements as necessary
Continuation of employment and possible progression to Level 3.
Able to work as part of a team in a busy environment
Able to take instructions
- Willing to learn
GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above in English and maths is an advantage but not essential. English and maths will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.