- You'll be working with our team to develop websites for a clients in a wide range of sectors, building brochure websites, integrating online booking systems to large scale eCommerce websites
- You will build the front end design on top of our current framework and integrate a range of plugins
- We are also transitioning our eCommerce websites to a new platform which will allow you to continue to develop your skills
We’re looking for someone who has a creative eye and you will be expected to have the following skill set:
Having experience of working with WordPress is essential as we build all of our websites using the WordPress CMS, but we create a bespoke front end design for each client.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Training and development
- Latest CS Software
- Free on-site car park
- Help shape the development team within a growing agency
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Essentials, what you should know:
- Experience using WordPress
- HTML & CSS
- Existing portfolio of work / projects you have worked on
Good to have, but not essential:
- Experience of Laravel Framework
- Experience of Google Analytics
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimisation
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
- Level 3 Software Development Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.