As the Front End Developer Apprentice, you will work closely with the Climbing Turn team providing key support in programming and using an array of software and tools related to the role. This is an opportunity for a talented developer to get their voice heard and make their work count.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A portfolio of work including programming examples
- Will have examples of their own hand-crafted HTML pages
- Had exposure to HTML5 and CSS3 and a desire to become proficient in these
- Will be committed to understanding accessibility standards, cross-browser issues on both PC and Mac and mobile devices
- Have an understanding of user interface design
- An enthusiasm for programming and a willingness to keep abreast of new developments in technology
- Flexibility to deal with changing projects and priorities in a short space of time
- Will be happy to “muck in” with whatever work needs attending to
- A desire to learn about debugging, and fault diagnostic skills
- A commitment to learn about deploying and supporting applications
- Be willing to learn how to use Git version control
Working for us will involve:
- Remote working
- Full time with one day release for college
- On the job training
This is a home based remote working opportunity only.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. We advise you to submit your applications early to prevent disappointment.
This will lead to a permanent role should the applicant prove their ability to produce the standard of work that is required for the position.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A team player who supports all members of the team
Desirable experience in:
- Photoshop / Gimp for image processing
- ExpressionEngine, CraftCMS or other professional CMS
- Confidence to speak up when assistance is needed
- Passion for learning
- A “Can Do” attitude
- Resilience to keep going when problems are challenging
- Outgoing and friendly
- 3 A levels (or equivalent) including maths or strong GCSE (or equivalent) maths
- Maths GCSE 7+ (A)
- English GCSE 5+ (C)
- Basic HTML5
- Basic CSS
Don’t worry if you don’t have your grades yet, we still want to hear from you as long as your predicted grades meet our requirements.
- Level 4 (Higher) Software Developer Apprenticeship Standard
- Training with Milton Keynes College
- Ongoing training, support and development with the employer