Forterra has an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
They are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor.
Their product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
They are currently looking for 3 enthusiastic individuals to join their team in the position of Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer Apprentice.
The first year of your apprenticeship will be in Aston, Birmingham on a half board, fully funded residential basis. You will travel to Birmingham on a Sunday evening to check into the hotel and you will return home at 12:30pm each Friday. The Second year, you will be based mostly at Forterra with block release monthly for a week to Make UK in Birmingham. The third and fourth years, you will be studying for your NVQ so will spend your time at Forterra.
This is a fantastic opportunity, with yearly salary increases, to work towards becoming a fully skilled tradesperson, able to work to the highest standard of safety and skill achievable.
The Role includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring the efficient and safe working of the plant by utilising the skills taught during your training
- Carrying out preventative maintenance daily and installation of new equipment as required
- Responding to and acting upon the fault report system
- You will become a fully trained Maintenance Engineer with potential to be supported to complete HNC/D
- Fully trained Maintenance Engineer with potential to be supported to complete HNC/D
- Team player
- Punctual and conscientious with good attention to detail
- Good at teamwork
- 3 GCSEs at 9-4 / A*-C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification
This 4 year programme will include:
- Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Engineering Basic Skills training off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
- In house training in line with your requirements