PLEASE NOTE WAGE ADVERTISED IS FOR 16-17 YEAR OLDS. NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE FOR AGE IS PAID
We are looking for someone to fill the role of production chef to help in our busy DeliCaf kitchen.
Duties will include:
- Assisting head chef with setting up for breakfast service
- Helping during the service itself and clearing down afterwards
- You will then set up for lunch service, which you and one member from front of house will prepare and serve
- After lunch you will clear down and prep for lunch service the following day
- During any down times from your usual duties, you will assist the chef in preparing salads, cakes, tray-bakes, soups, breads and various other items
- You will also help the chef in any cleaning down of the kitchen area at the end of the day
- You will be expected to follow HACCP guidelines and fill in the daily log as you go
- You will receive training from the owners, head chef and experienced members of staff
- You will quickly develop your knife skills as well as improve your knowledge of baking, flavour combination, speed of service, presentation, communication, cleanliness and accountability
- You will also receive basic barista training
Continuation of employment and training.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Willing to work and learn in a Kitchen and be passionate about food
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn
GCSE (or equivalent) Grades C (4) or above in maths and English is an advantage but not essential.
This will be assessed at the start of the qualification.
- Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 maths and English