There will be approx. 5 areas of the business to spend a period of time, duties including
- Food prep
- Learning how to make the product by hand
- Preparing salads
- Making pastry and packing the final cooked product
Daily tasks will include working within your small team of production chefs, taking on simple tasks to start with and learning how to progress to more responsible areas and tasks within the kitchen.
Working day starts around 7-8am until 3pm, Monday to Friday with no weekend work.
The candidate will be given lots of opportunities to grow and develop and become a key member of the team.
- There are many parts to a food business from food prep, to specialist hand production, kitchen production to other areas including: Technical. New Product Development and Sales
- The ideal candidate will spend time predominately in production and find the right role for them, with opportunities to try other things
- We have a strong ethos for continual development and look to support individuals to get the most out of their working experience
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Able to work in a team and on own sometimes, follow a recipe and instructions, like working with food and understand the importance of quality food and ingredients.
Friendly and approachable with a ‘can do’ attitude to working within a small organisation. Punctuality is important and being able to get a job completed whilst taking pride in achieving the end result.
- Good level of understanding of key subjects including maths, English and science but English and .aths qualification will be included within the programme
- Production Chef level 2