A fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience in a busy food production sector, working as part of a team producing traditional products to a high quality. The factory produces high quality artisan food products using traditional recipes and is proud of its long established and high quality products. You will working to a high standard as part of the production team as well as using your own initiative.
- Working with machines
- Wearing appropriate PPE
- Working in hot and cold environments
- Packing & labelling
- Dealing with deliveries
For the right candidate who demonstrates an interest in industrial catering a willingness and aptitude to learn and the right work ethic this will develop into a paid apprenticeship with possible future employment.
For the right candidate who demonstrates an interest in industrial catering a willingness and aptitude to learn and the right work ethic this may lead to a permanent role.
- A positive and enthusiastic person with the ability to learn quickly and be able to use initiative
- Willingness and aptitude to learn
- Robust – working in walk in fridges or with machinery hot cold environments.
- Learns quickly
- Hard working
- Able to work as part of a team
- GCSE maths and English 4-9 (A-C) or equivalent
- Level 2 Food and drink advanced process operator standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Food and Drink Process Operators work in one of the largest, most dynamic and fastest growing sectors of industry. Every day, producers, manufacturers and retailers make and sell millions of innovative food products to consumers in the UK and around the world. This includes drinks, cakes, biscuits, ready-to-eat and ready-tocook food, sandwiches, wraps, fresh fruit and salads. It is imperative that Process Operators in the industry have the skills and knowledge to ensure our food products, which millions of people consume every day, are safe.