Excellent Apprentice Starting Wage! £8.36 per hour Apply Today!!
We are looking for a Food and Beverage Apprentice at Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club, Meriden (Marriott Hotel & Resorts) who is passionate about Food and Drink Services and ready to embark on a career working with talented Marriott Associates, learning how to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
Food & Beverage Apprentices at our Marriott Hotels & Country Clubs enjoy a varied and very active role in providing our guests with memorable and unique experiences. As part of our family of associates you will host a blend of guests & events including weddings, golf, sports teams, corporate guests & leisure visitors.
- Preparing and monitor the Restaurant/Bar/Conference & Banqueting areas for service and guest comfort
- Providing a warm welcome to guests, advising them of menu options and answering questions about products & services where necessary
- Record all transactions in the MICROS till system at time of order
- Provide food and beverage service, including alcohol and non-vegetarian items
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen
- Complete closing duties, including cash handling/banking
- Report any maintenance or security issues to supervisors
- Participate in training when require
As the company is an international brand the candidate could develop through Marriott Hotels or around the world depending on the opportunities, skills and the candidate.
You may be asked to interview earlier than the closing date and asked to start ealier than the given start date.
This position will involve working shift work (early mornings, evenings and weekends) on a seven day weekly rota; the shifts will be approximately 8 hours each over 5 days totalling 40 hours per week.
- Good communications skills
- Proactive and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Diversity in work relations
- Safety orientation
- Good timekeeping
- Well presented
- Attention to detail
- No formal qualifications required as full training will be given
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship.
Your qualification will be delivered by Babcock Training, who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Regional Trainer coming to visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your Apprenticeship.