PLEASE NOTE WAGE ADVERTISED IS FOR 16-17 YEAR OLDS. NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE FOR AGE IS PAID
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in creating a warm and welcoming environment for our guests
- Ensure that guests are seated and provided with menus promptly
- Ensure that all guests’ requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively and an exceptional service is delivered to guests at all times
- Familiarise yourself with the menu and as much information about the food and beverage offering available in order to answer any questions guests may have
- Take food and beverage orders and ensure that orders are communicated accurately, and drinks served correctly
- Ensure an efficient and safe delivery of all food and beverage orders.
- Set up, clear and tables promptly after use to ensure that guests can be seated in a timely manner
- Ensure the restaurant areas are clean and well presented at all times and assist with cleaning and housekeeping duties as required
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times and ensure that any guest complaints and comments are reported to management
- Ensure all cash, charge, float and till procedures are carried out in line with agreed procedures and training.
- Prepare all back of house service points with regard to expected numbers for breakfast, lunch or dinner requirements as necessary
- Support the kitchen staff as and when required and in accordance with hygiene and safety regulations including washing up
- Ensure that all front of house and guest areas are well maintained at all times
- Any other duties as directed by the Restaurant & Bar Manager or other member of the management team
You will receive a full induction into the workplace, training on the job.
Must be willing to work weekends, evenings and bank holidays as required.
Continuation of employment and training.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
You must be:
- An excellent timekeeper
- Able to pay attention to detail
- Willing to work hard and well as part of a team
- Able to remain calm during busy periods and work with confidence
You must be:
- Well presented
- Willing to learn
GCSE (or equivalent) Grades C (4) or above in maths and English is an advantage but not essential. This will be assessed at the start of the qualification.
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Food and Beverage Apprenticeship Standard