As a small country house we don’t have a steep managerial structure, which means we operate as a close team, from the Hotel Manager, to the Food and Beverage Assistants.
The hotel’s clientele is a spread of leisure guests, corporate guests, wedding parties and international tour groups.
Smaller hotels such as ours give our staff the opportunity learn and operate a wider skill set.
Duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Meeting and greeting
- Reception duties
- Running the high end award winning restaurant
- Running the more relaxed bar menu
- Operating the bar
To be discussed towards the end of the apprenticeship.
Training is constantly given, whether that is to new starters or people who have been with the company for years. We constantly try to improve in all areas and having the will to learn and develop is key. Interpersonal skills are naturally essential as well.
- A can do attitude is most essential
Attitude over rides the qualifications. We understand that some people have struggled at school and college and this isn’t a deterrent to us.
This Programme is 12 - 15 months, on completion you will gain these qualifications:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Functional Skills maths Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities are embedded into the apprenticeship.
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours