The Torbay Court Hotel is looking for an Apprentice Food & Beverage Assistant to work with the general manager and the team to learn every aspect of the business.
- Serve food courses and beverages to guests
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards
- Answer questions on menu selections
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc
- Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Speak with others using clear and professional language
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Hospitality Team Member Qualification-Food and Beverage Service. Your Qualification will be delivered by an Award Winning Training Provider who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Regional Trainer coming to visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your Apprenticeship.
If the Apprenticeship is successfully completed there may be an opportunity for permanent employment within the hotel.
You will work on a shift pattern and your hours will include working early morning, evenings and weekends to the requirements of the workplace. Please note you could be asked to interview earlier than date given, as we are looking to fulfil the positions as soon as possible. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment!
- Proactive approach to work and able to work on their own initiative as well as in a team
- Confident in dealing with members of the public
- Experience of taking orders is an advantage but not essential
- To be successful in this role you will need to be a hard worker with good communication skills and who is able to provide excellent customer service
- You will need an outgoing personality and plenty of common sense, be reliable & punctual
Hospitality Team Member Level 2
- Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food and Beverage Service
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT if required