Food and Beverage Apprentice
Jack In The Green Inn
HIT TRAINING LTD
The Jack in the Green are looking for a keen Food & Beverage apprentice to join their experienced team and learn the trade alongside working to gain a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Qualification.
You will be expected to provide a warm, friendly and efficient food and beverage service to our guests, ensuring exceptional service standards are delivered and maintained at all times in line with our guest expectations.
- Assist in creating a warm and welcoming environment for our customers
- Ensure that customers are seated and provided with menus promptly
- Ensure that all customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively and an exceptional service is delivered to customers at all times
- Familiarise yourself with the menu and as much information about the food and beverage offering available in order to answer any questions our customers may have
- Take food and beverage orders and ensure that orders are communicated to the kitchen and bar promptly and accurately
- Ensure an efficient and safe delivery of all food and beverage orders in line with customer expectations ensuring an exceptional level of service is maintained at all times
- Set up, clear and promptly service tables after use to ensure that guests can be seated in a timely manner
- Ensure the restaurant areas are clean and well presented at all times and assist with cleaning and housekeeping duties as required
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times and ensure that any guest complaints and comments are reported to management
- Ensure all cash, charge, float and till procedures are carried out in line with agreed procedures
- Prepare all back of house service points with regard to expected numbers for lunch or dinner requirements as necessary
- Assist in the set up and preparation, and provide service duties for functions as required
Support the kitchen staff as and when required and in accordance with hygiene and safety regulations
Ensure that all front of house and customer areas are well maintained at all times
- Any other duties as directed by the Restaurant & Bar Manager or other member of the management team
Continuation of employment and progression to the next level for an outstanding candidate.
Some previous experience of working with people is an advantage, but we will teach you all of the skills to be great member of the team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a confident and outgoing personality and an ability to interact with people at all levels
- Ability to take initiative and resolve queries in a practical and positive manner
- Passion for delivering exceptional guest service
- Courteous and pleasant attitude towards customers and colleagues
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle competing priorities in a busy, fast paced and challenging environment with minimum supervision
- Positive and flexible approach to work (weekend and evening work will be required)
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United Kingdom
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above in English and maths is an advantage but not essential
- English and maths will be assessed as part of the interview process
- Hospitality team member standard (Level 2)
- Functional Skills English and maths (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.