Food and Beverage Apprentice
The Railway Inn
HIT TRAINING LTD
At The Railway, Head Chef Paul, an AA rosette winner, brings an exciting and authentic array of good British food with a bit of classic French influence. With a strong focus on fresh fish from Exmouth and game from local butchers, The Railway makes the most of Devon’s produce in a varied and seasonal menu.
The Railway are looking for a keen Food and Beverage apprentice to join their experienced team and learn the trade alongside working to gain a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Qualification.
You will be expected to:
Provide a warm, friendly and efficient food and beverage service to our guests
Ensure exceptional service standards are delivered and maintained at all times in line with our guest expectations.
Duties to include:
- Assist in creating a warm and welcoming environment for our customers
- Ensure that customers are seated and provided with menus promptly
- Ensure that all customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively and an exceptional service is delivered to customers at all times
- Familiarise yourself with the menu and as much information about the food and beverage offering available in order to answer any questions our customers may have
- Take food and beverage orders and ensure that orders are communicated to the kitchen and bar promptly and accurately
- Ensure an efficient and safe delivery of all food and beverage orders in line with customer expectations, ensuring an exceptional level of service is maintained at all times
- Set up, clear and promptly service tables after use to ensure that guests can be seated in a timely manner
- Ensure the restaurant areas are clean and well presented at all times and assist with cleaning and housekeeping duties as required
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times and ensure that any guest complaints and comments are reported to management
- Ensure all cash, change, float and till procedures are carried out in line with agreed procedures
- Prepare all back of house service points with regard to expected numbers for lunch or dinner requirements as necessary
- Support the kitchen staff as and when required and in accordance with hygiene and food safety
- Ensure that all front of house and customer areas are well maintained at all times
Continuation of employment.
- Strong organisational skills
- Great communication skills
- A passion for working with high quality ingredients
- Some previous experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Willingness to follow instruction
- Willing to complete the relevant training and culinary qualifications
Grades C or 4 or above (or equivalents) in maths and English is an advantage but not essential. Both maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
- Hospitality Team Member Level 2
- Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.