Floristry Apprentice - Intermediate (Level 2)
SHEFFIELD COLLEGE, THE
We are looking for the right person to join our team as first impressions are everything, therefore the excellent quality of our staff is essential in this customer orientated, fast-paced and busy independent Florist.
We require an Apprentice who is passionate about the industry and who is willing to work towards their Level 2 in Floristry and to learn all the basic skills necessary to help with the day to day running of the business and has:
- Ability to work as part of an established team of florists
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Responsible for general day to day care and conditioning of fresh materials
- Work towards creating stylish and commercial floral designs
- Develop a knowledge of commercial fresh flowers and plants
- Recognise and work towards excellence in customer service
- Build a portfolio of practical floral designs which can be developed to Level 3 Learn new techniques within the industry and develop own creative skills
- Maintain health & safety within the retail environment
- Reporting to the Business owner/manager
- You will work within the team and become a forward thinking member, taking on responsibility to get the job done and you must have a 'can do attitude'
- You will be expected to work in cold conditions in the autumn and winter months and must be willing to learn and be able to identify several fresh flowers, foliage and plants by their botanical names and become knowledgeable on their cultivation
- You will work towards developing your customer service skills whilst working within the retail environment and you will be expected, as part of the team, to be involved in the daily tasks and chores that are essential to the smooth running of this busy commercial business
Possibility of full-time employment subject to successful completion of Apprenticeship.
The Bespoke Flower Shop is located at: 105 Laughton Road, Sheffield S25 2PN The Sheffield College is located at: Granville Road, Sheffield, S2 2RL.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Information Technology
- Administration Skills
- Communication Skills
- Numeracy Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Literacy Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- The ability to interact well with others in a cross functional environment
- Resourceful, result-oriented and strong sense of responsibility with initiative
- Minimum of 5 GCSE or equivalent A*-D (9-3) grades including English and Maths
Apprentice L2 Diploma in Work-based Floristry including Functional Skills (if required) and end point assessment.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free