South Cambridgeshire District Council and Cambridge City Council have formed a refuse collection shared service and are recruiting for a Business Administration Apprentice to join the team to support our Fleet Manager at Greater Cambridge Shared Waste Service.
This post provides an exciting opportunity to play an active role in learning how the fleet operates, gaining experience in the transport and fleet sector, and supporting the wider service.
A key aspect of the role will be providing administrative support to the Fleet Manager, with opportunities to assist the wider service.
The main duties will be to:
- Provide an efficient and courteous first point of contact dealing with telephone, and email enquiries
- Provide an efficient administrative service including collating, inputting and maintaining data
- Provide support to the Fleet Manager where required
- Provide additional administrative support as and when needed to the wider team
- Assist in the scheduling of maintenance of vehicles and facilities maintenance
- Undertake health and safety stock checks on the vehicles and replenish where required
- Work with the Fleet Manager to maintain and effectively monitor the tachograph database
- Once their course has been completed, the Apprentice would be able to apply for any vacant job role that is being advertised (internally or externally) on our intranet site (Insite) or our external website
- Ability to prioritise own workload in consultation with line manager
- Computer literate preferably with experience of Microsoft Office Suites, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint
- Experience of dealing with manual and computerised record systems
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good prioritisation and organisational skills
- Flexible approach to working and ability to prioritise effectively
- Able to carry out a wide range of administrational tasks including office and telephone cover Commitment to training / learning & development
- Customer orientated
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team
- Passes in 5 GCSE's or equivalent including maths and English
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
On completion of this 24 month apprenticeship you will have achieved:
- Level 3 Business Administration
- Functional skills if needed