Key activities and responsibilities:
- Inducting new members into the gym and writing/updating programmes
- Supervise general use and ensure correct use of equipment at all times
- Lead group classes
- Record and monitor daily safety checks of the gym equipment
- Ensure potential hazards are dealt with and reported to the gym supervisor
- Keeping the club clean and tidy making sure all loose equipment is put away after use
- Perform regular pool tests and pool maintenance
- Assisting with the building evacuation in case of an emergency
- Any other duties as would be expected as a gym instructor
- Ensuring all of your course work is completed by the deadline and that you have prepared appropriately for any assessments and exams
- Some cover in other areas of the club e.g. reception
- Communicate with members
A permanent position may be offered upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Opportunity to learn and develop within the company.
Progression on to higher apprenticeship/training.
This is an extremely active role.
- You will need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking
- Experience of working/participating in a team environment
- Written, verbal and listening skills
- Be flexible in your knowledge and skills within other departments
- Be approachable to members to provide a knowledgeable service
- Willing to learn
- Confident, professional and trustworthy
- Good time management
- Enthusiasm and passion for fitness
- A passion to work in the Health and Fitness Industry
- Level 3 Personal Trainer Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- All relevant training will be provided