As the 1st Line Support Engineer / IT Helpdesk - Technical Service Desk Technician you will also have the opportunity to get involved onsite problem solving, IMAC (installations, moves and changes) and project management (after training), which will involve liaising with the customer, project planning and time and resource allocation. Projects range from firewall installs or upgrades and PC installs through to installation of complete green field implementations comprising of comms links, networking, server cabinets, PCs and servers.
• Microsoft operating systems (desktop and server)
• Microsoft Exchange
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Symantec Backup Exec
• Symantec Anti-virus
• Veeam Backup
• ADSL, routers
• Dell SonicWALL Firewall/VPN/UTM/SSL-VPN
• Wireless networking
• Desktop applications
After the first 12 months the candidate should be a fully fledged 1st Line and able to carry out certain works without supervision.
- Excellent customer facing and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pleasant and helpful telephone manner.
- Able to get on with his colleagues and work as a team.
- Some exposure to IT industry
5 GCSE's 4/C or above including maths & English or equivalent.
There are various aspects of IT we deal with, a choice would be given as to which training the apprentice needs – we have on line training with CBT Nuggets and exams via Comptia.
- Information communications technician level 3 apprenticeship standard