Recognised as the longest established MSP in the area, they offer a wealth of IT services such as PC Support, IT Security & Hosted Services, Field Services and much more to a diverse range of businesses, both locally and throughout the UK.
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as a First Line IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to start your career in IT.
Working alongside a team of currently 9 support staff, your role and responsibilities will include:
- Taking support tickets from clients
- Communicating with users
- Listening to details of and resolving technical issues by remote access via the RMM and ticketing systems
- Working on special projects
- Investigating new technology and services
- Collaborating with other team members and individually
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
A development plan is worked out collaboratively for every staff member, clearly defining expectations, salary increases and promotions.
Location: Bishops Stortford, CM23.
Wage: £16,000 per annum.
Other perks: Once trained, your work schedule will allow to you work both from the office and remotely. The company encourages staff to further their certifications by mentoring and covering costs. The team work closely together, providing a great working environment.
Please note that your commute may be taken into consideration when we review your application, in line with our safeguarding practices.
- You will be highly organised with excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner
- You will be adaptable and able to think on the spot with the ability to multi-task
- You will be able to solve complex issues with patience and empathy
- You will have superb IT skills and a base knowledge of hardware & software
- You should have knowledge of Windows OS and Microsoft Office packages
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology
- The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn't afraid to ask questions
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn
- You will possess the desire to gain further industry recognised qualifications, with assistance from the company
To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold:
- C/4 grade in both GCSE (or equivalent) maths & English and in three or four other subjects at least
- You should have a GCSE (or equivalent), BTEC or A Level in ICT or at practical experience with the workings of computers and IT
- Please note that you must not hold an existing qualification at a higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree)
Information Communications Technician level 3.
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician. The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security:
- Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services:
- An introduction to the fundamental cloud concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking modules, devices and protocols
Communication in Support:
- Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support