Some of the things that an installer will be expected to do are:
- Carry out installation of new systems
- Respond to call-outs to repair faulty systems
- Modify or maintain existing systems components
- Be able to work efficiently without constant supervision
- Work indoors and outdoors and be prepared to work at height
- Work well with and alongside other tradespeople
By the end of this apprenticeship the candidate will have satisfied the requirements for registration as EngTech by the Engineering Council.
The advertised Apprentice wage will increase yearly or upon completion of progressive stages. After initially qualifying, you could go on to supervisory roles, senior management positions or even running your own business.
You must ensure you load an up-to-date copy of your CV to your JTL profile in addition to following the application instructions to complete your application for this vacancy.
If you are statemented as dyslexic, or have any other official statement of additional learning needs and require additional support at the JTL Assessment, please contact our Customer Service Team immediately on 01978 665401.
You will also need to provide proof of Colour Vision, please download the JTL Colour Vision Certificate http://www.jtltraining.com and take to your local optician and ask them to carry out the test and complete the form for you. Please then send in to the address on the form before the closing date.
- Operate in a safe working manner by adhering to health and safety legislation, codes of practice and applying safe working practices
- Contribute to the application of design, planning, installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance, fault diagnosis, service and repair and electrical and electronic techniques on fire, emergency and security systems
- Operate a range of ICT equipment and systems to store, retrieve, manipulate, transmit or receive digital data and electronic information in applications and environments applicable to the role
- Take responsibility for own work and safety and welfare of others
- Oversee and organise the programme of work and work environment
- Carry out work and manage resources in an environmentally friendly manner
- the ability to work without constant supervision and as part of a team
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- The ability to work at height
- Normal colour vision
- A thorough understanding of safety rules and regulations
- Willingness to learn
- Good practical aptitude
- Capable of meeting the physical demands of the work
All candidates must complete the JTL Entry Assessment.
- NVQ Fire Emergency and Security Systems Technician Diploma at Level 3
- Functional Skills at Level 2