You’ll collaborate with our top-tier professionals to influence and shape critical decisions and initiatives that support our businesses across the firm. You’ll have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions while developing your professional expertise in a dynamic team environment.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate solutions for our internal and external stakeholders. We’ll give you what you need to succeed including training, mentoring, access to senior leaders and projects that engage all your skills.
This two-year program delivers in-depth industry training, mentorship and hands-on experience.
As an important member of the finance team you will be placed in one of the following roles in our Corporate or Line of Business groups:
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Business Management - Act as a trusted advisor to business and group heads by identifying, escalating and mitigating business risks and optimising business performance by driving key initiatives. Business Management are also responsible for helping to drive key initiatives that optimize business performance
- Controller - Responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting and controls functions for the organisation, including legal entity, financial and regulatory, as well as product valuation; and provide this expertise to strategic and ongoing technology and operational process improvement initiatives. The different types of Controller roles consist of Legal Entity Controller, Financial Controller, Product Controller, Valuation Controller, Treasury Controller, Investor Services Controller, Global Controller, and Bank Controller
- Financial Analysis - Create meaningful analysis and reporting in support of our businesses. Coordinate with partners across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, creation, oversight and coordination of financial planning and forecasting
- Program Management - Contribute to programs that are large scale and comprised of multiple projects and work streams. Initiatives drive cross line of business or firm-wide agendas for implementation of new regulations, standards or policies
- Regulatory Reporting & Capital Policy - Responsible for the preparation and submission of reporting to the UK regulatory bodies, monitoring of regulatory capital requirements, the interpretation, application and implementation of rules and policies, in parallel to providing guidance to the business
Throughout the programme, you will also have the opportunity to study and complete your AAT (Level 4 Apprenticeship) qualification. This is mandatory across the program.
New for 2021, we are introducing the invaluable opportunity for all Apprentices to progress onto the Full-Time 3-Year Finance and Business Graduate Program if you successfully complete your AAT and perform at the level required.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for producing financial analyses to help drive strategic business decisions and ensure the company is capable of navigating all types of market environments, while maintaining a fortress balance sheet. The Global Finance & Business Management function within JPMorgan Chase & Co is a dynamic organisation that plays a critical role, particularly as regulatory and capital requirements continue to impact the way we do business.
- Full time position for all programme participants, subject to performance on the programme
- Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s)
- BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries or would like more information
Experience of the following applications would be advantageous:
- Microsoft Excel, especially formulae such as SUMIF and VLOOKUP and an understanding of pivot tables
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Power Point
- Microsoft Word
Additional in-hour training will be provided for the above as well as bespoke programmes.
- A passion for data analysis and accounting
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, internal and external reporting, and variance analysis
- A well-rounded academic background with an interest in financial management
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Leadership experience in school or community organisation
- 5 GCSEs at grade 6/B including mathematics and a grade 4/ C in English Language,
- As well as 3 A-levels at grades A, B, B (or equivalent qualifications that equate to 128 UCAS) predicted or achieved
- As an Accounting Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Professional Accountancy Taxation Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the AAT Level 4 professional qualification
- The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace