The Business Administration Apprentice is based within the Finance team. The apprentice will undertake a range of administrative activities that support the team working alongside the Senior Business Administrator with a view to gaining experience of different support functions within the Finance Team.
The types of activities the apprentice will be trained in:
- Telephone/visitor management
- Assist with room bookings and hospitality during meetings
- Ordering stationery
- Any other general office duties required by the team
- Matching and entering purchase invoices
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Running suggested payment runs
- Credit control - obtaining payment date confirmations
- Approving/validating sales invoices for service and repair
To secure a permanent position within the setting.
- This is an application to study an apprenticeship with the SMB Group (Stephenson Brooksby Melton College). Before being considered for a formal interview with the employer, you will be required to apply and be accessed and have an initial interview by the college
- Travel to College for additional training is mandatory. Please ensure that you are able to travel to college and work location before applying
- Annual holidays: 32 days including bank holidays
- Excellent computer skills with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office in particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workload with good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team
- Ability to work confidentially and to treat issues with sensitivity
GCSE English and maths Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent).
(If you do not already meet these criteria, Stephenson College will ask you to sit initial assessments to indicate which level you are currently working at).
Advanced Business Administrator Standard.
- Functional skills if necessary
- On-the-job training
- Off-the-job training