What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will be working closely with senior members of the team as well as spending time in a variety of finance departments, to enable them to achieve the apprenticeship.
Duties will include;
· Liaise with clients offering a friendly and professional service
· Credit control and raising sales invoices on Agreeso;
· Processing purchase invoices (on an ad hoc basis);
· Assist with weekly reporting
· Various finance administration.
· Using information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
· Achieve performance review targets, as agreed by the Line Manager.
· Undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, performance reviews, seminars and other events designed to improve financial communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
· To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with Data Protection Legislation.
· To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
· To carry out all responsibilities and duties within the framework of the Organisations Equal Opportunities Policy.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship is a work based qualification and will be delivered at your place of work. The apprentice will be working with a training provider and supported by us, to achieve the necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
Working towards a Level 2 Accounting Apprenticeship
AAT Level 2
Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours.
Standard and End Point Assessment.
Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful achievement of the apprenticeship they maybe an opportunity to work towards further qualifications.
Reality CheckDesire to work with The Salvation Army Ability to travel within region to gain experience of all aspects of our delivery Ability to work within The Salvation Army’s Christian ethos and key values: integrity; accountability; compassion; passion; boldness and respect
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired