What will the apprentice be doing?
- The role will require direct interaction with projects and head office
- There will be a need to understand costs and charge these out to the business.
- There will be training throughout, including balance sheet reconciliations, system training, and advanced Excel
- The role of finance within the business is varied and interesting
- Through an apprenticeship in finance you will be in the centre of everything that happens within a corporate business environment working in a highly motivated team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Based at our head office in Newcastle, you can expect to be immersed in real activities and given responsibilities. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an Accounting Apprenticeship at Level 3.
In addition to supporting you through your formal apprentice qualification, you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme - a mix of development events and activities and in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge!
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths, English and Science (Grade Grades 9-4 or A-C) Essential