Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Working within the fiance business partnering functions on reconciliations, statutory accounts and other key financial reports
- Develop an understanding of financial processes across our business
- Build relationships with the wider business to ensure a smooth running of the team
- Complete placements with each finance team supporting their deliverables and delivering against clear objectives
- Completing an apprenticeship for a period of 27-39 months, commit to spending 20% of your working hours completing directed study
A few more details about the role:
- We will support you through your Apprenticeship to complete your ACCA qualification
- You will work as part of our finance team to supporting the team in a range of finance based activities relevant to our reporting areas
Working here as we get back to normal:
After working remotely for so long, we have a vision for how our people will work with each other now and in the future.
Every employee should have the choice and flexibility to work in a way that’s best for their job, their team, and their life.
We know that being together in person is usually the best way to get work done, which is why our offices will become ‘hubs’ that we expect our employees to visit every so often. That said, there’s no one-size-fits all solution, so all of our people and teams will find the rhythm that suits them best.
Our culture is inclusive and diverse:
Our mission is to make Simply Business synonymous with fairness, belonging and inclusivity. We won’t be happy until we’ve created a truly inclusive culture – where every employee, whatever their background, role, or location, feels comfortable being their authentic self at work.
We all have a part to play – to learn more, to do more and to go further – in building this new reality that’ll be befitting of the diversity of the customers we serve. At Simply Business, we’re all in.
Benefits for you:
- A competitive salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
- The potential to earn an annual bonus based on business performance (those on commission-led roles will be rewarded monthly)
- We match what you put into your pension up to 5%
- Life assurance of four times of your basic salary
- Smart Health services including unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP
- A generous holiday entitlement of 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- A flexible benefits scheme with an allocated allowance each year to choose from benefits including private medical insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance, up to five days extra holiday, and gym membership
- A health cash plan reimburses your everyday medical expenses (with the opportunity to increase the level of your plan in your flexible benefits)
- Flexible parental leave – you can choose to take shared parental leave, plus we o?er full pay for the first six months of your maternity leave and four-week fully paid paternity leave, subject to meeting the qualifying criteria.
- Remote working – more of us are currently working remotely than usual, but longer-term you can balance working remotely with working in the office, giving you the opportunity to connect with colleagues
- Mental health and wellbeing resources – we take your well being seriously, giving you access to counselling (through our Employee Assistance Programme) as well as technology to support your mental health (through the Unmind app)
- Paid sabbatical – two weeks off when you’ve been here for five years and four weeks off when you’ve been here for 10 years
- A dedicated learning platform – including a management and leadership programme – the platform lets you balance both work and life goals
Internal opportunities across the whole business advertised via job posting board.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel & Word
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Google suite based programmes
- Attention to detail
- A keen learner of new skills and technologies
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and working in an agile environment
- Qualified with GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English Language
You must also have one of the following, to be eligible to join the programme:
- A Bachelor's Degree in any subject, at a minimum of 2:2 (or equivalent)
- A Level 4 Accounting qualification (or equivalent)
As an Accounting Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Level 7 Accountancy / Taxation Professional apprenticeship standard. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the ACCA professional qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.