What will the apprentice be doing?
All 2022 apprentices to receive a £2500 sign on bonus upon starting an apprenticeship with Microsoft.
In response to the cost of living crisis, Microsoft want to ensure all members of staff are supported financially. Apply today and join an organisation who care about you and your future.
In a Finance role at Microsoft, you'll partner closely with different areas of the business. Driving investments through insights and strategy. You'll learn all about financial processes and concepts. And then use this knowledge to deliver effective solutions to problems that can help grow the business.
Finance can mean many things at Microsoft. With job opportunities in a range of business areas, meeting different customer needs. By applying to a Finance role, you could get involved in audit, tax, and budgeting, within Microsoft and their UK subsidiaries.
By applying to a Finance role, you could find yourself as a:
- Finance Apprentice
- Finance Analyst
You will work as part of a team to...
- Create Forecasts and Budgets for financial close
- Own balance sheet reconciliations and statutory accounts and filings, including auditor engagement
- Communicate and coordinate financial advice
- Attend weekly audit meetings, preparing answers to any queries
- Analyse data to meet compliance
- Assist in the creation and presentation of quarterly finance data to the business
- Support Senior Financial Controlling to provide answers to audit their clients
To be successful at Microsoft you must…
- Have a growth mindset
- Be adaptable and embrace change
- Love to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be a great communicator
- Have a desire to learn
- Be a team player
To succeed in this role, you must…
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be well organised and able to prioritise
- Have the ability to evaluate and communicate numbers
- Have a passion and drive to deliver great results
Microsoft can't achieve their mission to empower everyone on the planet to achieve more unless their employees can do their best work. Their perks, benefits, and everything between are essential to their success. Some small, some large, all necessary. Microsoft offers its apprentices:
- Generous time away
- Discounts on products and services
- Giving programmes
- Access to well-being programmes
- On-site fitness centre at a discounted rate
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
Microsoft operate in a Hybrid Working environment. In simple terms, this means your working life can be split between home and your contracted place of work. As an apprentice you and your manager are empowered to find the flexible balance that works for you. Trips to your contracted place of work will be required from time to time.
*PLEASE NOTE: you can only apply to ONE role in the 2022 Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme and we will only consider your first application. If you submit more than one application this could delay our ability to process this. Please ensure you apply to your first choice Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme only*
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will study for either a Level 3 Data Technician qualification apprenticeship or a Level 4 Finance and Accounting qualification over this 24-month apprenticeship (depending on your job role). You will spend 80% of your time learning on the job, and 20% working towards your apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Microsoft want all of their apprentices to achieve their full potential. After your apprenticeship they’ll work with you to find the best next step. That might be a permanent role, or a chance to progress to a degree level apprenticeship. Progression isn’t guaranteed, but Microsoft offers a world of opportunities for high performers.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE's including Maths and English (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential